SCIP will be the global organization of choice for professionals engaged in strategic, integrated and competitive intelligence and related organizational decision influencing disciplines. SCIP will be the premier advocate for the skilled use of intelligence to enhance business decision-making and organizational performance to create competitive advantage.
SCIP Code of Ethics for CI Professionals
- To continually strive to increase the recognition and respect of the profession.
- To comply with all applicable laws, domestic and international.
- To accurately disclose all relevant information, including one’s identity and organization, prior to all interviews.
- To avoid conflicts of interest in fulfilling one’s duties.
- To provide honest and realistic recommendations and conclusions in the execution of one’s duties.
- To promote this code of ethics within one’s company, with third-party contractors and within the entire profession.
- To faithfully adhere to and abide by one’s company policies, objectives and guidelines.
We reserve the right to revoke/terminate any membership at any time if SCIP determines that members CI activities are in direct violation of the SCIP Code of Ethics.